Topic: [Sight & Sound] Myth of the Cave

Directory Link

Myth of the Cave [Sight & Sound]

Myth of the Cave

https://i.imgur.com/LZAgsyG.jpg

A reimagination of Plato's allegory of the cave wich largely focuses on Socrates' influence.
Plato uses the example of a men chained in a cave going out from the cave for the first time in his life as a mean to explain his concept of reaching the knowledge. Plato wrote his allegory in the form of a dialogue featuring Socrates, hence I reimagined Socrates telling the Allegory to a young Plato, and included a parallelism between the prisoner going back to the cave and getting killed and Socrates' death.
On the sound FX side, I worked with Creative Commons sound effects, modifying the in-cave sounds through Cubase so they would have an echoing sound. I didn't particularly do much with external sound FX though. I composed the music for the film myself.

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (September 1, 2016 (01:15am))

Re: [Sight & Sound] Myth of the Cave

I really liked the lighting to this, I thought you did a pretty good job with that. Also the buildup was nice, I do however think it could have been better if you had not had that one shot that went on for around 30 secs, it seemed really out of place seeing as the rest of the movie was faster. I really enjoyed the music dude, that was pretty good! The story was deep, I'll have to watch it a few times to fully understand. I like those type of movies. mini/tongue

Overall, I think you did good! Keep it up man!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight wrote:

I really liked the lighting to this, I thought you did a pretty good job with that. Also the buildup was nice, I do however think it could have been better if you had not had that one shot that went on for around 30 secs, it seemed really out of place seeing as the rest of the movie was faster. I really enjoyed the music dude, that was pretty good! The story was deep, I'll have to watch it a few times to fully understand. I like those type of movies. mini/tongue

Overall, I think you did good! Keep it up man!

Thank you very much! for 'shot that lasts 30 seconds' you mean when he leaves the cave?

Nice work! I really liked the music, and that shot with the landscape reflecting in the water was very effective

Thank you! Feel free to share your thoughts and also to rate!

Nice job on the original soundtrack, and the lighting had a good natural look too.

sillypenta wrote:

Nice job on the original soundtrack, and the lighting had a good natural look too.

Thank you! mini/smile